Broiled Salmon is one of the healthiest, easiest ways to make a delicious weekend dinner.
2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp olive oil
1 teaspoon steak seasoning
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a bowl, combine the garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, steak seasoning, lemon juice, and parsley. Place the salmon fillets in a glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heating element.
3. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place fillets. Drizzle a bit of the the marinade on the salmon. Careful not to add too much marinade, or your smoke alarm will have something to say. Broil until crispy and the top turns light brown. Once the top is light brown slowly turn the other side and baste the other side with remaining marinade. Broil for another 4 minutes. Keep an eye on it to make sure that you don't overcook it.
- Apetizers and Snacks (10)
- Baked Chicken/Mutton/Lamb/Beef (1)
- Beans and Lentils (2)
- breakfast (6)
- chicken (6)
- chicken and eggs (2)
- Chutneys and Pickles (5)
- Dessert (1)
- Eggs (2)
- Fish (9)
- Grilled/Baked (1)
- Meat (2)
- Pasta and Noodles (3)
- Rice (5)
- Vegetable Curries (7)
- Vegetables (Without gravy) (4)
- videos (14)
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
FOR THE DOUGH
Chickpea flour 1 Cup
Rice flour 2 Cups
Turmeric powder 1⁄4 Teaspoon
Asafoetida powder 1⁄4 Teaspoon
Red chili powder To taste
Salt To Taste
Water As needed to make a soft dough
FOR FRYING THE FRITTERS
Vegetable oil As needed for deep frying
Curry leaves 10 Medium (Optional)
Things You Will Need
Fritter maker (chakli press) with wide slits
1. Into a food processor add the chickpea flour, rice flour, turmeric powder, asafoetida powder, red chili powder and salt. To this gradually add water and combine to form a soft dough. (The dough should be of a pizza dough consistency)
2. Fill the cylinder of the fritter press with the dough.
3. Heat oil in a large pan for deep frying. (Before you begin frying, make sure the oil is hot enough by putting a small piece of the dough into the oil. If the dough immediately starts bubbling, the oil is ready)
4. Using the fritter maker, press the dough into the oil using a circular motion.
5. Once one side turns golden brown, flip it over and fry until the other side is the same color.
6. Remove the fritters into a paper towel to soak the excess oil.
7. You may fry some fresh curry leaves in the same oil, if desired and sprinkle them over the fritters before storing them.
8. Allow the fritters to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
9. Serve with a hot cup of tea or coffee and enjoy!
The fritters will stick together while frying. Once they cool, you can break them off into smaller pieces and you can snack on them like chips.
Friday, May 3, 2013
If any of you are craving some spicy grilled chicken, you should definitely give this a try.
Chicken drumsticks - 12
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Paprika - 1 tbsp or to taste
Plain yogurt - 1 cup
Hot sauce - 1/2 cup
Garlic powder - 2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a plastic bag. (Taste before you start to marinate the chicken.)
2. Slash the chicken drumsticks diagonally to allow the marination to seep in and add the chicken to the ziplock.
3. Marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge. The longer you keep it in there, the more flavor you'll get.
4. Brush the grill grate with olive oil. Heat the grill to about 350º F. Place the chicken onto the grill. Grill the chicken on a medium heat until cooked throughout and golden-brown on all sides, turning frequently- about 40 minutes.
Friday, April 12, 2013
1 box- Whole wheat spaghetti
1/2 cup- Red pepper, diced
1/2 cup- Green pepper, diced
2 cloves- Chopped garlic
3/4 cup- Sesame oil
1 tsp- Vinegar
5 tbsp- Soya souce
5 tbsp- Honey
2 tbsp- Peanut butter
2 tbsp or to taste- Crushed pepper to taste
A handful of peanuts
Spring onion and Sesame seeds for garnishing
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the directions on the box. Drain and keep aside.
2. Combine crushed red pepper and 1/2 cup of sesame oil in a pan. Cook over low heat for 4 minutes.
3. Strain out pepper and keep the oil aside.
4. In an another bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, spicy oil (that we strained from crushed pepper), peanut butter, and vinegar.
5. Whisk together.
6. Heat the rest of the oil, (appr. 1/4 cup) and add the peanuts and garlic. Stir for one minute.
7. Add the vegetables and saute for a minute.
8. Add the spaghetti and the oil mixture.
9. Mix the spaghetti well with the vegetable mixture.
10. Garnish with sesame seeds and thinly chopped spring onion.
Thursday, February 7, 2013
4 - Chicken leg quarters
1/2 cup - Raspberry vinegrette salad dressing
1 tsp - lemon juice and lemon zest
1 tsp - garlic powder
1 tsp - onion powder
1 tbsp - steak seasoning
a handful of chopped cilantro
salt to taste
Preheat the oven at 350 F.
Combine raspberry, lemon zest and juice, garlic powder, onion powder, steak seasoning, cilantro, and salt in a large Ziplock bag.
Add the chicken and marinate for at least an hour.
Bake the chicken for about 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
15oz-skim milk ricotta cheese.
Ingredients for the Syrup:
4cups-milk ( I used 2% milk)
½cup-half and half(you dont have to use this if you are using whole milk)
Almonds/pistachio (chopped into small pieces for garnishing)
Pre-heat oven to 350F.
1.Open the lid of the ricotta cheese. Then fold a couple of paper towels.Then flip the container of ricotta onto this, so that all the extra water drains out. Leave the ricotta like this for thirty minutes.
2.In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese and sugar well.
3.Take a cupcake baking pan (you don't have to only use the cupcake kind; you can use whatever shape you'd like) grease it and then spread the ricotta-sugar mixture onto it so that it is about ½ inch thick.
4.Bake it for 40- 45 minutes until it turns pale brown on the top. You can also stick a knife in the middle to see if its cooked; if it comes out clean, it's ready.
5.Keep a close watch while baking and make sure it does not brown. If it does, the ricotta part will not taste good.
To make the Syrup:
1.Boil the milk and add the sugar, saffron, half and half, and cardomom powder. keep the flame low, stirring so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
2.Let the milk thicken a bit.
3.Once it has cooled down, add the pieces of baked ricotta, rose water, and almond pieces to the prepared milk
4.Keep it in the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving. Serve chilled!
Note: If you really want that rich taste with yeallow color i would recommend to use whole milk and whole ricotta cheese.
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
4- chicken quarters
1- tsp both- fresh ginger and garlic paste
1- lime (juice and zest)
½ - cup plain yogurt
2- tsp hot chili powder or to taste
1- tsp-coriander powder
1- tsp- black pepper powder
1- tsp ground cumin
1- tsp- garam masala
½ -tsp salt
½- tsp ghee/oil or butter
1•Make shallow diagonal slashes in the chicken pieces and keep aside.
2•Mix the all the ingredients with yoghurt and make a smooth paste.
3•Smear this paste all over the chicken pieces, making sure that it is rubbed well into the slashes and that the pieces are well coated.
cover and Refrigerate for 12-18 hours.
4•Preheat your grill on medium. Put the chicken on it and quickly sear (sealing in juices) on both sides. Now allow it to turn brown on both sides, brushing cooking oil on as necessary. Once browned, reduce heat and cover the grill. Cook till the chicken is tender. Do not overcook or the chicken will dry out.
5•If you don't have a grill you can also broil the chicken. Preheat your oven. While it is heating, line a baking tray with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray or smear it with cooking oil. Lay the pieces on the foil and drizzle lightly with cooking oil.
6•Broil for approximately 30 minutes, then turn pieces over and bake for another 10 minutes. Test chicken to see if cooked.
7•serve with lime and chat masala if you would like.